Food and Nutrition
School Lunch Program
Glen Cove CSD is part of the National School Lunch Program. Breakfast and Lunch is offered in all schools district wide. Meals are prepared in accordance with the United States Department of Agriculture regulations. New regulations have been set starting with the 2012-2013 School Year based on the 2010 Dietary Guidelines for Americans. These new guidelines support what we are working towards through our District Wellness Committee. Major School Meal Changes:
- Students are required to take a serving of fruit and/or vegetable as part of the meal
- Calorie minimums and maximums have been set for grade levels (K-5, 6-8, 9-12)
- More variety in vegetables featuring dark green and red/orange varieties and beans/legumes.
- Increase in our whole grain offerings
- Plain low-fat or fat free milk or flavored fat-free milk options
- Decrease in saturated fat and sodium.
- 0 grams trans fat
We are proud that our district has already been in accordance with these requirements’ previous to the mandates. We continually look for new menu items to offer to enhance the program for our students.
Please apply for SNAP Benefits today...if you think you qualify you can apply through Long Island Harvest.
Food Service Helpers (Part-Time & Per Diem) See posting.
Until Further Notice*
*Hummus will not be available until further notice, due to a product shortage.
Please be advised the menu is subject to change.
Menu changes are as follow:
Grilled cheese and french fries
Pizza with green bean salad
Deasy, Landing & High School
Pizza with mixed vegetables
Deasy & Landing